Problem with AS/400 terminal

Julian Wolfe fireflyst at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 1 22:25:34 CST 2007

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if any of the CRT gurus here could help me out with a
problem I'm having with my Twinax AS400 term.

When I turn it on, it's fine. However, it's got a power saving feature that
turns off the screen if it goes idle for too long.  If this is activated and
I try to wake it up by pressing a key on the keyboard, the screen goes crazy
like it's got a bad refresh rate or something.  The only way to fix it is to
power it off and back on, which works every time - the problem with that is,
I lose my twinax session, which can deadlock the machine depending on what
mode I'm running it in.

Any ideas?

Julian