Preservation of correspondence

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Feb 5 14:32:02 CST 2007

Curt @ Atari Museum wrote:
> backups (which I've seen several CD's that I created around 97-98 which
> are now having problems reading certain sections) and Tape backups of
> today I wonder if they are truly as high grade as say the old TU78s of

That's why you routinely transfer from old medium to new medium every
5-10 years.

Just last night I dumped 7 CDROMs to .ISO images and stored all of them
onto a single DVD-ROM; then made a 2nd copy and stored that somewhere
else.  In five to ten years, I'll transfer the DVD-ROM onto some new medium.