Write protect tabls; was: Where to obtain diskette labels?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Mon Feb 5 21:37:38 CST 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 21:43, Jim Leonard wrote:
> Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > Indeed, I was just going to suggest a roll of black vinyl electrical
> > tape.  It's best to use a good 3M roll, rather than the cheap
> > $0.50/roll junk you can buy, also.  There's a noticeable difference
> > between the cheap stuff and the "expensive" stuff, and the more
> > expensive stuff really is worth the price difference, in adhesion,
> > flexibility, durability, and thickness.
> Hm... that may explain my previous post.  So what would you recommend,
> something like 3M™ Tartan™ 1710 Vinyl Insulating Tape?  Or just any 3M
> brand at my local hardware store, as long as it says "3m" and "vinyl"?

I usually use 3M Super 33+ Vinyl Electrial Tape.  I haven't tried using 
it for write-protect tabs on a disk, though.  The "good" 3M stuff does 
have a lot better stick than the el-cheap-o tape does, though, so it's 
worth a shot.

Purdue University ITAP/RCAC       --- http://www.rcac.purdue.edu/
The Computer Refuge               --- http://computer-refuge.org

More information about the cctech mailing list