Portable Sun on ebay # 250082537181

Steve Shumaker shumaker at att.net
Sat Feb 10 18:55:47 CST 2007

wow  Haven't seen one of these in many a day     This was one of a
handful of companies that repackaged sparc motherboards in custom
enclosures for unique (read mostly govt) clients.  Most of the
systems were unmodified sparc motherboards with 4? sbus slots and all
the trimmings.   Besides this one, there as also an outfit in
Pasadena that built one that looked a lot like one of the old Zenith
laptops.   I used one of those as a portable forensics machine for
several years in the early 90s.   It came with the ability to emulate
both the PC DOS environment as well as the MAC OS.    Was clunky but
it worked like a dream and gave me Unix, DOS, and Mac all in the same box.

s shumaker