Sixel graphics

jd onymouse at garlic.com
Mon Feb 12 08:40:53 CST 2007

Bill Pechter wrote:
> You're correct on the graphics support.
> The only graphics in the VT100/VT101/VT102 were the DEC graphics line
> drawing set -- if you can call that graphics.
>
> Bill
>
> On 2/9/07, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
>>

>> In article <0JD500346VGN4EW3 at vms040.mailsrvcs.net>,
>>     Allison <ajp166 at bellatlantic.net>  writes:
>>
>> > Error!  VT100 had sixel graphics as did VT220, 320 and 340 added color,
>> > VT1200 as full graphics (xterm).
>>
>> Sorry, but I just don't think this is correct.

How is it possible to draw full-screen photo images on a VT320 & 420 then?
Obviously they're 1-bit color and it takes a few minutes but it has been done.
Must have some sort of graphics capability. I recall reading in the manuals that
there was the sixel capability enabled with a particular escape sequence.

The same photo image would appear in 4-bit color on the VT340. Takes longer to
render.

Could do the same on a plasma touch terminal (forgot the name) emulating
VT100/102, as well.
--
jd