pen plotters?

Erik Baigar erik at baigar.de
Tue Feb 13 12:40:09 CST 2007

> On 2/13/07, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
> > As difficult as it is to find information on vintage terminals, its
> > even harder to find information on vintage pen plotters.  A pen
> > plotter was about the only form of graphical output you could expect
> > to see on a vintage graphics system as film recorders were very
> > expensive.
> >
> > OK, what do you have in your collection(s)?

Calcomp 1038: A0 plotter, single color. Using
huge 24V-DC servo motors for x and y. Command
language is PCI/906. This is interpreted by a
6800 microprocessor PCB (letter-size). Coordinates
are than transfered to another letter-size PCB which
contains a discrete sequencer (lots of 74xx-chips)
and the anolog server ciruitry.

I even have got the circuit diagrams for this
beast...

   Best regards,

      Erik.