pen plotters?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Feb 13 15:49:56 CST 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Richard wrote:
> As difficult as it is to find information on vintage terminals, its
> even harder to find information on vintage pen plotters.  A pen
> plotter was about the only form of graphical output you could expect
> to see on a vintage graphics system as film recorders were very
> expensive.
>
> OK, what do you have in your collection(s)?

   They're not a part of my "collection" per se, as I use them fairly
frequently for work purposes, but I've got two HP pen plotters here,
7550A and 7570A.  I also have a 7090A Measuring Plotter, which is
basically an oscilloscope with pens instead of a CRT.  It's a damn
fine device.

   I've got a 7475A in the closet but it hasn't been powered up in a
decade...I suppose I'd consider that a part of my vintage collection.

   I had a Calcomp 565 plotter on a PDP-8/e a very long time ago, but
it seems to have disappeared from my friend's basement where I left
it (no choice) many years ago.  I'd very much like to find another
one but I'm not holding my breath.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire