WTD: Fuse PROM programming algorithms

Philip Pemberton classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
Wed Feb 14 16:54:36 CST 2007

M H Stein wrote:
> If you don't find 'em elsewhere, I've got Harris ('78), Intel ('76), Signetics ('78)
> and National ('77) databooks in front of me. Don't know about Intersil; was looking
> in the MMI book a while back, but now I can't remember where I put it down at the
> time (probably the same place as the cordless phone  ;) .

Don't worry about the Intersil databook - Harris bought Intersil in the
mid-70s (IIRC), so an older Intersil databook would probably have the same (or
very similar) info to the Harris book.

I'd hazard a guess that most of the PROMs from a given manufacturer will use
the same algorithm, so all I really need are scans of the pages detailing that
manufacturer's algorithm and pinouts. The latter I already have in the form of
a file called 'promref.txt' from the old Wiretap arcade archive :)

Thanks.
--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
classiccmp at philpem.me.uk      | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain