Help to identify a computer?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Feb 14 17:49:14 CST 2007

On 14 Feb 2007 at 14:27, Bob Rosenbloom wrote:

> I bought two front panels from some type of computer from ebay for the
> switches and lights. After receiving them, I find they are too neat to
> tear apart. They were said to come from a telephone company central
> office. Does anyone recognize these? I can't find any names on them.

I'm sure that someone will recognize this, but I don't think it's a
from a telco CO.  This looks more like a triple-redundant setup for
some sort of mission-critical application (nuclear reactor control?).
The indicator lamps labeled "SURVIVOR" and "BACKUP" as well as
"EXCHANGE FILL" would seem to bear this out as well as the alarm
resets.

Incandescent lamps instead of LEDs would probably put this in the
1960s-early 70s, maybe?

Cheers,
Chuck