paper tape ebay $4 deal?

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Thu Feb 15 10:07:20 CST 2007

Jon wrote....
> His eBay user ID was jeffking500. I bought 4 boxes and the rolls I got
> were
> all definitely oiled. He still has some for sale. See item number
> 8288222035.

The stuff I got was light powder blue in color, with "TOP" and arrows
printing. That is just what is pictured in the auction.

I had a small reel of oiled tape that came with one of my ASR33's. The tape
appeared to have dried out, but there was no mistaking the smell of oil from
it. On this blue tape from jeffking, I definitely don't get any smell of oil
at all. Are you sure it's oiled?

Jay