ferric chloride...a little off topic

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 08:34:38 CST 2007

you can buy the stuff in powder form. As such they're
usually supplied in "hobbyist" quantities from ads in
Nuts and Volts and similar periodicals. I don't have
specific vendors, sorry. Maybe the Thomas Registry
could help for larger quantities, but it seems tomes
like that are going the way of all flesh. They're
probably online though.
 Of course Radio Shack sells the itty bitty bottles.

--- Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> On 19 Feb 2007 at 20:26, Paul Anderson wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a good supplier (in the US) of
> ferric chloride for
> > etching? I'm looking for one or five gallon
> containers.
> When I was doing more of my own PCB work, I'd just
> buy the stuff from 
> my local chemical supply place.  I'd buy the
> technical grade, which 
> came in large chunks (just add water) that came by
> the drumfull.   I 
> seem to remember that it's also used in sewage
> treatment--so if you 
> have contacts there, you might be able to score
> some.
> Cheers,
> Chuck

Bored stiff? Loosen up... 
Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.

More information about the cctech mailing list