Google on hard drive failures

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Wed Feb 21 13:02:22 CST 2007

There's an even *more* interesting paper on this from a CMU post-doc
(math warning...lots of statistics) that seems to blow away many (if not
all) assumptions about drive failures/quality/raid/etc.

It was presented at the same conference that the Google paper was.  I'll
see if I can't dig up a URL to it.

--

TTFN - Guy