HP 2005A computer system??

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Wed Feb 21 21:49:23 CST 2007

I was emailing back & forth with a person who collects HP mini's and they
mentioned....
> Eventually, I'd like to put together a dual-processor realtime system
> similar to the Continental 2005A RTE configuration,

I responded...
> I've never even seen any reference
> to it. I'm extremely curious as to just what it is. Can you enlighten
> me at all about it?

He said...
Continental Airlines contracted HP to build a real-time system around
1970, and HP put together a dual-CPU system similar to a 2000A, with a
2116 and a 2114. HP advertised the hardware configuration itself (not
just the software) as the 2005A Real Time Executive. The Contential
configuration is dual-CPU, but the default 2005A configuration in the HP
catalog has only a 2116 and about half the peripherals of the
Continental configuration.
I have never heard of this Continental 2005A dual processor Real Time
Executive, especially as an official product. Does anyone have more
information?

Jay