Real Time Clock - was: Is this true?? (TI & watches)

Dan ragooman at comcast.net
Thu Feb 22 16:46:14 CST 2007

well, the first real-time computer is the Whirlwind(MIT). A real-time
machine makes use of a real-time clock to provide deterministic
calculations. This was the precursor to the SAGE machine--also a
real-time system. I used to work for SEL which was heavily involved in
real-time systems, and which made one of the first 32bit real-time
machines in the 70's.

=Dan