New DEC museum entry :D (not the breaker sub-thread)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Feb 25 01:21:18 CST 2007

> I am wondering how anyone on this list can exist without assort
> colours/sizes of wire, and standard 'loose' cable around them. You
> shouldn't have to cut up an IEC lead to get some wire...

No, but it might be the easiest and cheapest way to go about getting
a bare-leads power cord. I've got tons and tons of IEC cables; they
just keep accumulating.  On the other hand, I have relatively few
high-quality (e.g. neoprene jacket) leaded power cables and I reserve
those for permanent installations.

But whacking the end off of an iEC cable for a jury rig?  Sure,
without even a second thought.  They're like wire coat hangers and
safety pins--they breed in the dark.

Cheers,
Chuck