Solder & Flux Questions

Robert gstreet at indy.net
Sun Feb 25 15:04:14 CST 2007

How many "solder masters" are on this discussion group? I've seen some
mention of newer types of solder (lead free?). I've also seen mention and
used one type of water soluble flux (BTW, I really liked it).

I've been using Kester "44" .031 solder for years (for small work). However,
I've got a project that I'd like to have every advantage possible (as far as
having good, clean soldered connections).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I wonder if the lead-free stuff has a higher
melting temperature? BTW, I'm using a WTCPT soldering station.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Robert Greenstreet