Restoring an XT - transfer problem

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 17:13:49 CST 2007

> > I assumed that folk here would understand "mask off"
> > and come up with
> > suitable methods.
>
>  Yes. Just that I envisioned a typical 3.5" drive and
> it seemed a tad inconsistent to use the term w/it's
> type of interface. I guess I was having a brain burp.
> When I typed the response to Chuck's reply, I
> remembered that an adapter would facilitate "masking
> off" a particular pin.

Another idea would be to crimp another IDC connector onto the cable
alongside the connector that's already there (the same side of any 'IBM
twist, for example). You could pull the pin 34 contact out of the
connector before fitting it to the cable. And of course you could use a
header socket, not an edge conenctor, to plug directly into the 3.5" drivc.