TCP/IP Testing help, Round 2

Mon Jan 1 00:03:53 CST 2007

> Some of you noted from last time that there is no character echoing
> or line editing.  Telnet users on Unix machines will probably have
> local line editing, which makes things a wee bit nicer.

Yes, I found I did.

> The standard Windows telnet client doesn't do that by default, so you
> will type but not see your characters.  That's a project for a
> different day.

What, fixing Windows telnet to actually conform to the spec?  Yes,
that's quite a project. :-)

> And lastly, if you remember, type in your OS and machine type as a
> command.  It will complain about it being an invalid command, but
> I'll see it in the log and I'll have a better idea of what I'm
> testing against.

Actually, it complained about it being two or three "Bogus command"s
(I'm not sure what the relevant difference between the two-complaint
ones and the three-complaint ones is.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca