IBM 5100/5110 ROS (ROM) images?
frustum at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 3 17:22:04 CST 2007
Al Kossow wrote:
> > Has anyone extracted images of the Read Only Storage
> > for the IBM 5100/5100 desktop computers?
> Eric has talked about doing it. Apparently it is scanned during
> initial self-test, so it could be captured with a deep logic analyzer
> Considering how many have failed, it's something that needs doing.
I bought a 5110 model 3 (the one with integrated dual disk drives) for
the same purpose. However, it is destined to stay low on my list of
emulation projects. If somebody comes along and does it first, it will
save me a lot of work. :-)
Here is my current list of emulator/website projects, in descending
order. Does anybody else have projects like these in the pipeline?
(1) Wang 3300; half way done. I've scanned docs, disassembled about half
of the BASIC interpreter, written the core CPU emulator code. Soon I
hope to get back to it to add the rest of the emulation infrastructure
and then debug it.
(2) Compucolor II. I have captured the ROMs from mine (via stimulation
by program and capture by logic analyzer) and I've been collecting disks
and docs for the eventual website, but things turn up infrequently on ebay.
(3) Wang 2200; frozen for now; someday I'll add MVP mode.
(4) Sol-20; frozen for now; someday I'll add helios emulation.
(5) IBM 5110. Collecting dust, waiting for the above projects to give way.
(6) Exidy Sorcerer. I know there is a java emulator out there. Low
priority to do a portable C version.
(7) HP-8x emulator. Done. But not by me. Once I found that it had
been emulated I gave away my 85 and 86 but kept my 87.
More information about the cctech