Purposefully fudged schematics

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Jan 4 21:22:47 CST 2007

Tony Duell wrote:
> I am wondering what the use is of a schematic that contains deliberate
> errors that are significant enough to stop the machine from working. OK,

D'ya mean like nonexistent streets and towns in UK Ordnance Survey maps?

I could make a fortune in the coffee table gift book market by putting out
a collection of photographs of rural mailboxes, and changing my name to
Lillian Virgina Mountweazel!

Nihilartikels, Mountweazels, and pseudata are a longstanding tradition.

XenoCopy includes support for a format for which I had the only instance
(prototype) of the machine.  Was that esquivalience?

I also once misspellled the name of one format; a couple of other programs
ended up supporting that misspelt machine.  BTW, my car really was parked
in "Gates Alley" at the time.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com