SGI Onyx power cord?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Jan 4 20:15:33 CST 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 13:03, Jules Richardson wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> > In article <B8DECDD6-F7EF-48CA-8A27-223CC1CBCBA2 at typewritten.org>,

> >> Yes. I have a deskside RE2, and a rackmount dual-pipe IR.
> >
> > Sweet, that makes three of us who have this configuration!
>
> Sigh, we got offered an Onyx dual-pipe IR a while back - 24 x R10k
> CPUs and 4GB of RAM on it plus Sirius video as I recall. Unfortunately
> I couldn't persuade anyone else at the museum that it'd be a fun
> machine to have :-(

I've got a rackmount Onyx with R44k processors.  It's marked "test rack",
an is in a purple rack with no sides, and a hole on the side, over part
of a CPU board.  As well, it's got a different LCD than the Challenge
XL's I've got; the LCD matches the one on the smaller, deskside Onyx I
think.

It was recovered from an SGI dumpster, and probably is a prototype
machine.  Unfortunately, the graphics part seems to have some problem
that keeps the machine from coming up when it's attached to the system.

Still, being a prototype/engineering test system does count for something
even if it's not 100% working. :)

Pat