OT: Missing quotes in message replies

Thu Jan 4 23:50:35 CST 2007

> I'm seeing a few messages where the text being replied to isn't
> quoted [...] other than a separating line beneath old and new text,
> making it confusing [...].

> Am I alone in this?

In seeing it, or in finding it confusing? :-)  In either case, "no".

> I just wondered if it's something broken within my email client
> (Thunderbird) and it's stopped rendering what it thinks is quoted
> text properly for certain classes of messages.

No.  My mail client doesn't do fancy-schmancy rendering - it runs in a
text window, in fact - and it shows me the emails as they are.  It
doesn't even burst MIME multipart messages without specific action on
my part.  And I'm seeing the same syndrome you sketch.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca