My second Mac

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Jan 6 11:51:16 CST 2007

I picked up another Mac yesterday--a beige 300 Mhz G3 with 256MB,
and a 15 GB hard disk.  It's also got a USB adapter plugged into one
of the PCI slots.   It's running OS 9.something.  Set me back $20.
Were Zip drives a standard part of these things?

On a side-by-side with a Win2K P1 225MHz system with the same amount
of memory, I think the WIndoze box has snappier response and has
better video.

For you Mac addicts, what do you think should be my next step in
getting the most out of this box?

I don't care for the Mac monitor that came with it--has anyone tried
hooking up a fixed-frequency SOG workstation monitor to it?  I've got
a nice HP/Sony model that might be a candidate.

Cheers,
Chuck