Atari 800, 810 parts (or Apple II) wanted

Curt - Atari Museum curt at atarimuseum.com
Tue Jan 9 08:27:33 CST 2007

The software for the Atari 400/800, XL/XE systems will all work together
(some older 400/800 software will only run on the later XL/XE's with a
"Translator Disk" which essentially overrides the XL/XE OS and copies
the 800 OS into memory for compatibility.

Some later software would only run on the XL/XE's due to memory and OS
specific reasons.

The 520/1040 "ST" series is a different architecture and OS (68000 CPU,
GEM Based OS) and that software is not compatible with he 6502 based
400/800, XL/XE systems.

Curt