getting started with your new HP 21xx

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Tue Jan 9 10:26:54 CST 2007

On 8 Jan 2007 at 13:17, Jay West wrote:

> wow, apparently there's no 21MX E or 21MX F short user guide on
> bitsavers.

They're available from the HP Computer Museum:

  http://www.hpmuseum.net/document.php?hwfile=2374  (M-Series)
  http://www.hpmuseum.net/document.php?hwfile=2398

  http://www.hpmuseum.net/document.php?hwfile=2399  (E-Series)

  http://www.hpmuseum.net/document.php?hwfile=2400  (F-Series)

The Operating and Reference Manuals are separate for the M-Series and
combined for the E/F-Series.

> The diag manuals on bitsavers aren't the complete set, nor the latest
> set.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/hp/1000/Diagnostics/ contains the complete set
of manuals from the four HP binders (24396-14001 through 004) that
accompanied the 24396-13601 Rev. 2040 tape.  What do you believe is
missing?

> I have been working for some time on putting together a CD that contains
> the entire latest (last) diagnostic library....

What revision is the latest (last) library?

                                      -- Dave