USB 5.25" floppy (was: laptops and 5.25 inch floppy drives?)

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Tue Jan 9 12:58:09 CST 2007

 > Essentially a USB version of the Catweasel???

That's exactly what it is. A flux-tranistion interface
daughter card for a fpga4fun SAXO board (USB2 chip and
Altera FPGA).

http://www.fpga4fun.com/board_Xylo.html

This is probably similar to what the Device Side Data
board is, but the intention that I have is to make the
entire design, including the tool chain and host/device
side code freely available.

The tape wizl is a multichannel preamp and A/D converter
attached to the same board.

Cost could be driven down by designing a single board, but
right now I'm only worrying about the boards needed for
tape/disc interfacing.