Sun plastics

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jan 9 23:01:47 CST 2007

On 9 Jan 2007 at 23:10, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> Does anyone know where to get MEK or methylene chloride in the US
> cheaper than buying a 50-100ml bottle at a hobby store?

In this neck of the woods, it depends.  If I head north to the "big
city" (Eugene), there's nary a drop to be found anywhere.  On the
other hand, if I go south about the same distance to the little
rabbit hutch of Creswell, it's easy to find--at least at stores that
don't also have a Eugene branch.

It turns out that it's due to a toxics reporting law in Eugene.  Most
stores just don't want to be bothered with it, so don't carry things
such as MEK (or pretty much any organic solvent stronger than
acetone).

Like the ad says, your mileage may vary.

Cheers,
Chuck