Compuserve wayback machine

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:52:54 CST 2007

On 1/10/07, Cameron Kaiser <spectre at floodgap.com> wrote:
> > I actually just tried it and I can't remember my last password. It does seem
> > to accept the UID though.
>
> What OS is that, if someone hasn't already answered this question? Custom?

It's a CompuServe-customized TOPS-10, IIRC.  Apparently, according to
someone sitting 1m from me now, knowing how to run a CIS 36-bit host
does _not_ help all that much when facing a raw TOPS-10 dot prompt -
there are that many proprietary extensions - probably why they are
still running it - no way to get $$$ allocated to replace it with
something newer.

-ethan