Compuserve wayback machine

Tim Mann tim at tim-mann.org
Thu Jan 11 01:06:07 CST 2007

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:00:45 -0600 (CST), cctech-request at classiccmp.org wrote:
> ate: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:52:51 -0800 (PST)
> From: "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com>
> Subject: Re: Compuserve wayback machine
> To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
>
> > James B. DiGriz wrote:
> > > The message below is from August of last year. I just tried and got the
> > > old familiar CIS user ID prompt. Still can't remember mine, though.

> > I *so* wish I could remember mine.
> >
> > Peace...  Sridhar
> >

> It wasn't hard to find my CIS ID, however, I don't remember my password.
> Besides, I've not had an active account since sometime around late '93 most
> likely, so I kind of doubt I'd actually be able to log in.

Cool, I just tried this and actually remembered my old password (!).  I
got the following message.  Note the "Last access" date.

CompuServe Information Service
02:03 EST Thursday 11-Jan-2007

 Last access: 20:00 28-Sep-98

     Copyright (c) 2007
   CompuServe Incorporated
     All Rights Reserved

One moment please ...

Thank you for signing on!  Our records show that you once
were a CompuServe member.  Please call your local CompuServe
Customer Service to re-activate your CompuServe account [70040,504]
or use 'Sign-up' to set up a new account.

1-800-848-8990 (US and Canada)

All other countries, please contact your local
sales/service office.

Thank you for using CompuServe!

Off at 02:04 EST 11-Jan-07
Connect time = 0:01