DEC beige/creame/white paint

Robert Ollerton rollerton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 18:22:39 CST 2007

Oh Brass brushes, I use a lot of them on projects to get crud out of corners
and cracks.  Also safe(er) on Aluminum.  I have had to fix up a lot of
messed up surfaces that were the result of a wirewheel in a drill or
buffer.  OK for Iron work, not very good for surfaces.

I have two blast cabinets, one with glass beads for Aluminum and smaller
more precise items and the 2nd cabinet with what ever mean media is
available at the time, usually some form of iron furnace slag.   I have a
pressure pot sand blaster too, but I hate the feeling of sand sliding down
my plumbers crack...   I like to start out with chemical paint removers
first to get things softened up and workable and and then go for the media
blasting.   That way I can keep as much of the dirt and paint residue
outside my shop in a contained area, and then progressively move towards the
clean area where I do my paint prep.