Compuserve wayback machine

Bill Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 20:27:31 CST 2007

My old FreeBSD box was setup in the old days to put out a telnet prompt of
Username and
I modified it to not let logins in from other than a couple of internet
addresses from work.

Took about 15 minutes to modify /bin/login and the gettytab and telnetd
files.

I loved looking at the logs.

If I had a captive DCL environment chrooted I'd have let them in. 8-)

I redirected the telnet and ssh to it from my firewall.
The only external login that would work was an ssh on an unusual port.

Bill