Archiving workstation hard drives

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Fri Jan 19 14:52:13 CST 2007

In article <45B1181C.50503 at bitsavers.org>,
    Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org>  writes:

> Suppose the drives were from the Lilith/Eve workstations.  Would the
> unix trick of using dd still work?
>
> --
>
> nope. they had their own custom drive interface.

Are you sure this is the case for the Eve?  I mean, this thing has
Bernoulli cartridge disks on it, which certainly would not have been
made custom for the Eve.  It looks like a standard SCSI interface and
the discs look stock SCSI as well.  How would I differentiate the
custom disk interface from a stock SCSI interface?