desperately seeking pertec cables

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 21:57:05 CST 2007

On 1/14/07, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:

> > Let us know if you find a cheap source.
>
> Definately; I'm in the same boat.  I have a Fujitsu M2444 9-track
> drive with a pertect interface and a Q-bus pertec interface card but
> no appropriate cable to connect the two.
> --

I went ahead and ordered some 50-conductor flat ribbon cable and I'll
pick up some IDC socket and card edge connectors and see if I can
build up a set of working pertec interface cables.

If it works I'll have extra flat ribbon cable to build another set or
two.  Twisted ribbon cable might be better for longer runs, but I
couldn't find a cheap supply of that yet.

-Glen