Archiving workstation hard drives

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jan 23 10:50:34 CST 2007

On 23 Jan 2007 at 10:30, Alexandre Souza wrote:

>     Who told you? You can run "doorway" or do a pipe of ctty to comx: but I
> don't remember how. Maybe mode ctty>com1: ?

How about MODE CON:=COMx: ?  (IIRC)

And there were numerous facilities for BBS sysops to run commands
remotely; and there were packagesthat periodically scanned the (text)
display buffer and set VT-100 style updates out the com port.  And
there's always PC-anywhere; Remote and about a gazillion other
utilities.

You need only a display card installed--you can leave the monitor
off.

Cheers,
Chuck