Paradise VGA longshot

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 20:14:08 CST 2007

have you plugged it into an 8-bit slot yet? I was
under the impression neither settings nor s/w was
required to be used as such. I guess I could be
mistaken tho
--- cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org
<trixter at oldskool.org> wrote:
> I know this is a longshot, but I'm looking for the
settings of all five
> DIP switches on a Paradise VGA card from 1990.  It
has two strings on
> the board, either of which could be the make/model:
>
> PWBA 4316 0134-000
> or
> PW800 VGA
>
> I'm assuming it's a paradise card, because the
actual chip on it is from
> Western Digital Corp. (a WD90C11-LR) and Paradise
used them nearly
> exclusively.
>
> The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking for an
8-bit ISA VGA card,
> and while this card is 16-bit, some of them could be
DIP-switched to run
> in an 8-bit slot.
>
> There are five DIP switches on the backplate.  No, I
am not going to
> plug it into my 5160 and power cycle it 32 times to
go hunting for
http://www.oldskool.org/
http://www.mobygames.com/
http://www.mindcandydvd.com/