Paradise VGA longshot

Eric Josephson ericj at speakeasy.org
Sat Jan 27 20:23:30 CST 2007

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Jim Leonard wrote:
> I know this is a longshot, but I'm looking for the settings of all five
> DIP switches on a Paradise VGA card from 1990.  It has two strings on
> the board, either of which could be the make/model:
>
> PWBA 4316 0134-000
> or
> PW800 VGA

You've probably already checked TH99, but if not here's a url:

<http://www.lemmus.eu/th99/index.html>

All the WD or Paradise cards I saw there with five-position switches
had the WD90C31 and used the switch bank to configure refresh rates,
wheras the ones with four-position switches all had the WD PVGA1A and
included a setting to force 8-bit autosense.  I didn't see any WD or
Paradise cards with the WD90C11.