PDP-11/70 in Yates Center, KS

Billy Pettit Billy.Pettit at wdc.com
Tue Jan 30 19:22:48 CST 2007

Chuck Guzis wrote:
On 30 Jan 2007 at 13:59, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Remember, a nice SGI system, isn't simply a computer, it's a work of art.
> For the most part the only computers I'd consider to be a work of art are
> some Apple and SGI systems.

A few Cray systems come to mind as being very artsy.  While not in
the same league as Apple, I'd call a machine with the innards
immersed in fluorinert pretty unusual in apperance.

Cheers,
Chuck

Agreed - the Crays were definately art.  I really like the Cray 1 with the
seats above the power busses, and the beautiful logic column.  And I also
agree on the Apples, especially the models with the clear plastic - lovely
machines.

Billy