Strange SCSI devices (was: Re: LISA)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:44:30 CDT 2007

On 7/3/07, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
> I've not seen a SCSI video card, but have a SCSI Ethernet for my Mac SE/30.

I've used those on compact Macs with good success.  I've always
wondered if there is enough information out there to write a driver to
use them on a generic platform.  Are there any models of SCSI-ethernet
with deciphered internals?  Really, I suppose, it wouldn't be hard to
hang a SCSI analyzer between a compact Mac and the SCSI adapter and
sniff out the protocol, but I don't happen to have a SCSI analyzer.

Did anyone do this already, or have folks just figured there are
easier ways to add Ethernet to small machines?

-ethan