Strange SCSI devices

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Wed Jul 4 04:39:23 CDT 2007

>> The SCSI video card
>> and ethernet card were useful for compact Macs that had a scsi port, but
>> no expansion slots.
> I've not seen a SCSI video card, but have a SCSI Ethernet for my Mac SE/30.

This isn't Apple, but in the good old days SGI used to offer it's
Video Creator hardware either as VME or SCSI solution. Sounded hard to
believe at first, but then there are scanners and other !drive stuff
for SCSI as well.

Some hints on that past can still be found in the online documentation
for IRIX 5.3 in the vcinv manpage:

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?coll=0530&db=man&fname=/usr/share/catman/p_man/cat1/vcinv.z

--
Best regards,