Need Data Sheet

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 14:44:41 CDT 2007

> I recently came across a stock of what seems to be 16 bit wide memory =
> chips.
> But I'm getting nowhere trying to find a data sheet.  Can anybody help =
> out?
>
> =20
>
> The parts are UM61M512K-15, 32 pins DIP.  The logo is round, world =

I doubt they're 16 bits wide. The '512' in the part number would suggest
512KBits, or 32K 16 bit words.

Now, unless I am missing something, a 32K-location RAM would need 15
address lines. Along with 16 data lines, a write-enable, a chip select
line, power and ground. That's over 32 pins.

My guess is that they're 64K*8 bits.

Thw logo sounds like UMC, who made a lot of chips that ended up in PCs. I
have their microprocessor+peripherals databook from about 1990, but
nothing on their RAMs.