newbie building a scratch-built computer

Joe Giliberti starbase89 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:07:23 CDT 2007

Thanks Ethan. I do have a good soldering iron, a non variable Weller that my
father got in the trash at AT&T about 20 years ago. Still works very well,
although it could use a new tip. I just finished recently soldering
connectors onto a board for an old pinball machine I have, which now works
very well. I have also built two kits from Ramsey, an electrocardiogram
machine and a color organ. My soldering skill is pretty good I think.

I'm leaning more towards the KIM at this point, mainly because of all the
documentation, as well as the expandability. I'd like to have something that
I can eventually program on a CRT and keyboard.