ASCII (Apple //e, specifically) to USB HID keyboard?

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 06:26:28 CDT 2007

 It
> appears I'm the first person who's thought about
> gutting an Apple //e
> and putting a modern PC motherboard inside (don't
> worry, peeps: this
> was a very much broken and unhappy //e) for the
> laughs.

You're not the first :) I did it about four years ago.
I put an AMD K62 500 in mine. If you want, I can take
pictures. Hint - when converting the keyboard, use the
"Reset" key for "Delete" Not only is it handy to have
"Delete", but now Control-OpenApple-Reset sends a
Ctrl-Alt-Del...

Contact me off list if you want pointers - this is
pretty off-topic.

-Ian