Anyone know anything about old TEC Terminals?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 11:26:30 CDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Doc Shipley <doc at mdrconsult.com> wrote:
>    The rated thermal budget for the Dell is 187 BTU/hr typical, as
> opposed to ~550 BTU/hr for the 5011P.  Living in Texas, just the savings
> on cooling will pay for the flat panel in a couple of years.

No doubt... I recently switched from a Sun 17E10 to a $5 scratched-up
Dell LCD panel I bought at the Mansfield Hamfest, specifically because
the room gets to over +90F with the AC off (possible in Ohio, but not
pleasant ;-) when the computer and monitor are on.  I might switch
back to the CRT for the heating season, though.

>    And my desk no longer sags in the middle.  :)

Heh... on another desk, I have a Sun 20E20... it's on a 2"x12" shelf
that doesn't sag much.

-ethan