TESTFDC usage

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Jun 9 14:20:40 CDT 2007

On 9 Jun 2007 at 10:59, Al Kossow wrote:

> I sent Dave about a dozen MB tests that I did on various MBs recently.
> There was one case where 1.2MB 500k DD failed, but read/wrote in DOS.

Unfortunately, (and the VIA Super South Bridge) is one of the cases,
the integrated FDC can be configured about six ways till Sunday,
including PS/2 mode.  DOS function will always work because DOS uses
the BIOS routines to access the drive--and the BIOS knows all about
the weirdnesses of the support chips.

OTOH, the VIA SSB chip has a neat mode allowing for interface to a
floppy drive using the parallel port.

Cheers,
Chuck