DDC Fixed Head Disks

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Jun 11 14:56:59 CDT 2007

Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 11 Jun 2007 at 10:18, Mike Ford wrote:
>

>> Just a thought, but while He does leak out of just about everything,
>> unless something is leaking in I suspect its still He around 1 atm.
>>

> It would seem that the partial pressure of He in the atmosphere is
> much less than one atm, no?  So, barring inward leaks, would not a
> lot less than one atm. of He would be left inside?
>
> Perhaps I've disremembered Dalton's Law or just hallucinated (seems
> to happen more and more as I grow older) that I endured high school
> physics?

The docs that I've found on the helium replenishment is that you'll go
through a bottle of helium in about 6 months (when it drops from 3300psi
to 300psi).  It's hooked up to the drive (there are fittings and such)
all of the time.

Fortunately, the drive I have (6200X) uses nitrogen and the person I got
it from said that they never replaced the nitrogen the entire time the
drive was in service.

--

TTFN - Guy