Wanted: Apple ADB keyboard

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 17:03:13 CDT 2007

> > Does the converse work?  Can I use ADB cables for
> > S-Video?
>
> I do. It works just fine. They're kinda coily though.

I cna't believe either the characteristic impedance or the construction
is the same between ADB and S-video cables. Electrically the connections
should be the same, but if you use a ADB cable for S-video, you might
well get noticeable reflections.

IIRC, S-video has 2 ground pins on the connector, and there's nothing to
stop them being commoned in the cable. Would that cuase a problem if
sucha a cable was used for ADB?