Caig ProGold / Stabilant 22

M H Stein dm561 at torfree.net
Fri Jun 22 13:44:00 CDT 2007

---------------Original Message:

Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:57:57 -0700
From: Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org>
Subject: Caig ProGold / Stabilant 22

The wisdom of using this stuff was being discussed on another mailing
list, so I thought I'd see what people knew about it. I suspect it is
similar to this:

http://www.stabilant.com/techt20h.htm

There seems to be almost nothing on the web about what the Caig stuff
actually is. Materials safety data sheet lists ingredients as 'trade secret'

Reasonable discussion of the Stabilant stuff in patent #4696832

I've used Stabilant22 for years to coat edge connectors on boards in
systems exposed to heavily contaminated industrial environments.
Works well; expensive, but a little goes a long way.

mike