Tube Logic - homebrew (was Re: Caig ProGold / Stabilant 22)

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Jun 22 15:43:31 CDT 2007

Woodelf wrote:
> Tim Shoppa wrote:
>> My last batch I got from Antique Electronic Supply, on the web at
>> http://www.tubesandmore.com/
>>
>> The past few years I've been a good enough customer of theirs that
>> they sent me some chocolate vacuum tubes at Christmas time :-).

> So what have you been buying? I only need a order every other year.

Tubes, transformers, chokes. Some ham and audio stuff,
but one of my latest projects
does digital logic with several dozen 6SN7's. No, it's not
actually a "computer" in that it's not programmable but my
next thoughts are turning to that arena. The first programmable
stuff I might do would end up being plugboard programming,
most likely.

I've recently been playing with heptodes as logic gates (and
gotten many 7036's with IBM labels from AES. They're
dirt cheap, and if I do it right each will replace 1 to 3 6SN7's!)

Tim.