Most used toys, was Re: The late, great TRS-80

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jun 26 15:22:36 CDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 6:18 PM, Roger Pugh wrote:
> most used toys at the moment...... in no particular order
>
> ICL one per desk
> Sinclair QL
> commodore sx64
> apple lisa
> mac se/30
> sun server e220
> hp85
> microprofessor mpf1p
> amstrad 9512+

   A good list, though the E220 seems very out of place.  My most
used classic machine at the moment is a PDP-8/m; I've carved out a
permanent place for it on my desk.  It contains an RX8E which is
connected to a arallel port adapter based on Chuck Dickman's design,
which is in turn connected to a small x86 SBC running Linux to give
the 8/m a disk subsystem.

   My cat, Ophelia, enjoys sitting atop the machine, making this a
picture of two of my favorite things in the world:

   http://www.neurotica.com/misc/pdpcat.jpg

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire