The late, great TRS-80

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 21:31:31 CDT 2007

On 6/28/07, Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Actually, there were some rather nice graphics systems for the PDP11. For
> example the I2S Model 70 had a resolution of 515*512 points with, IIRC,
> 24 bit colour.

I have a Pertec(?) 512x512 display, but I don't know the color
depth... I know we used to tap a mono monitor off of the green channel
and display 16-shades-of-gray data on it where I used to work, so
perhaps it's 12-bit color - not _too_ shabby to hang off of my 11/23
(where it used to live).

> I suspect you could play most games on that sort of display...

There are many games you could play on that I2S display you mentioned,
at least if the CPU can keep up - certainly many games that do not
require specialized 3D hardware.

-ethan